Friday, October 10, 2008

Sittin in the back of the bus

When I ride the bus, I like to watch people. It sounds kinda creepy but people are interesting. The other day there were two high school girls on the bus. They looked like they could be about 16 or 17. They were watching a little baby that was being held by its mother. One of the girls said "She's way cute. I just want to have a baby." The other girl said, "Why don't you?" And the first girl replied, "I can't find a guy..well, a guy that would stay with me after." ...In my head I was thinking, "are you crazy? you are way too young to have a kid. That would completely ruin your high school life." It is amazing to me how society is. These young girls already want to have kids. There is no way I want to have to deal with a kid. There are way too many things that I want to do and that I need to do before I even entertain thoughts about having a baby. I definitely don't want one at this time in my life. My cutest nephews and little cousins (second cousins, my cousin's kids, whatever you want to call them) are good enough for me! I wonder what those girls really think. Sure, babies are fun until they start crying but at least you can give them back to their parents. Sometimes I wonder if a good birth control technique would be to give the girls a baby for a week or so if they really want to have one. They would have to take care of it for the whole week. No daycare, no babysitters, not outside help. It would be interesting to see if they would still want one or if they would decide that a baby isn't right for them at that time in their life. Sometimes people are just crazy...no I take it back...sometimes people are just without the gospel!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you there. I don't know what girls are thinking now days. They either want to have one when they are too young, or wait until they are too old. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete