Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cause it's one.......

Only three days left. What to blog about today.........(this is me thinking about what I am going to blog about)...................................oh yeah. I completely forgot about what happened today. For human physiology lab today, guess what we got to do. Analyze our Urine. WOOT WOOT! I don't know about the rest of you but that is something I have been dreaming about for a long time (okay not really. You caught me). So it was way funny and I will tell you why. If you have a weak stomach, you probably shouldn't continue (but you did anyway...well I warned you). So first we had to collect our urine in a cup and pour it into a vial. I don't know why but Jamie had a few problems doing that...it was smooth sailing for me! After the specimen was in the vial, we had to store in in the refrigerator until we were ready to head to school. We had to ride the bus and that is when the laughter started. First Jamie turns to me and says "Guess what I have in my bag." Then we just started laughing. On the way to class we had to stop and put our urine samples in a huge refrigerator thing in order to keep it cool because we had a large break in between the collection process and the analysis. As we walked to the building the lecture is in, I turned to Jamie and said "What if Andy (our professor) started class and said 'I'm sorry to inform you all but all the urine samples have been stolen." Then we started laughing again. There were quite a few other funny things we said to each other throughout the rest of the day. Finally, it was time for lab. We got there and started talking and comparing each of our urine samples. Mine was pretty much clear. I made sure to drink tons of water before I went to sleep last night. Jamie's was a little more yellow (and by a little I mean a lot). The lab was pretty interesting actually. I found that mine was negative. Pretty much that means nothing is wrong and you are a healthy individual. If you haven't had a chance to analyze your own urine, I would suggest doing so. I think everyone should participate in the tinkle lab at least once in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment