Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ohio is where I'm from....Part One

August 3, 2008 - Day One of the Ohio Adventure - Destination Cheyenne, Wyoming:
We started our road trip Sunday afternoon after church and a delicious Sunday dinner. We packed our stuff up in the suburban AKA The Battleship Death Star Gallactica. We traveled to Evanston, Wyoming where we saw some lovely sights like middle-aged men changing by the gas station pump, and met up with Joni and Rocky. Jamie and I jumped into the Bugly and started the trek to Cheyenne. We saw some pretty cool things like a windmill farm...well that was really the only cool thing. Driving through Wyoming is boring I think.


August 4, 2008 - Day Two of the Ohio Adventure - Destination Kansas City, Kansas
Funny story, when we were talking about going to Kansas City, I immediately thought Kansas City, Nebraska and not Kansas City, Kansas. I told Jamie and she said she was thinking the samething. We must live in the same house or something. It was a long drive to Kansas City. Carli and I started in the Bug, then it went to me and Jamie, then me and Peggy, and finally Jamie and Peggy. I got to ride in the Suburban and watch the first part of the first Lord of the Rings. Then the battery died on the laptop. My dad hooked us up with a night at a Courtyard Marriott. I think it is cause he must work in the CIA or something cause of all the hookups he has. We went swimming in the pool a little after we got there. We had races, played marco polo, had a cannon ball contest and other such things. Dad pulled his gastrocnemius (his calf). He has been limping ever since...poor daada!

August 5, 2008 - Day Three of the Ohio Adventure - Destination Quincy, Illinois
I am definitely sick of fast food. Today we were able to go to the Visitor's Center in Independence, Missouri. It is by the community of Christ's temple. Their temple looks like a futuristic building. It is kind of interesting. I really enjoyed the church history tour. The sister missionary that took us on the tour was very nice. She did a good job. We also got to go see liberty jail. That was really neat. I am very grateful to Joseph Smith and his sacrifices for the Gospel. We stopped in Hannibal Missouri to see the Mark Twain stuff but it was all closed. We were able to see the Mississippi River though. It is huge. It was pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment