Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Ohio adventure...ended

So the Ohio Adventure is officially over. It is definitely bittersweet. Sweet - I am so glad that I don't have to spend hours in the Great Burbino (suburban). Bitter - I'm going to miss Joni and Rocky, and Jacque and Dean and the Boys so very very much! It was so much fun to be around them!
On Monday we got to go to Rocky's white coat ceremony. It was pretty cool. Apparently the white coat gets longer as you become closer to being a doctor. I always thought they were all the same length. Now I can officially call Rocky "Doc." We finally got our Ohio State t-shirts after the ceremony. We left Joni and Rocky in Ohio and headed to Michigan with Jacque and Dean.
On Tuesday we were able to watch Jaxon and Carson in their Gymnastics class. It was so funny. Jaxon is a head taller than all the other kids in the class and Carson is just Carson. Carson's class was awesome cause the kids are so uncoordinated. I really enjoyed watching them. Tuesday was a really good day because we got Sunday Dinner! We didn't have to eat out! Woot Woot! I also got my ice cream cake. It was delicious even if it was a few days late. As we left Jacque and Dean that night, we got lost for a while. It was funny. But my Dad says we weren't lost...go figure. He knew where we were and the general direction.
Wednesday we started the fun trip home. It was very long. I am glad we had four drivers so I only had to drive once each day. Driving for long periods of time makes me cranky and I start to wear my cranky pants. My Dad said that I have a cranky face too when I drive. I'm pretty sure that goes away once I am done driving. We didn't get a picture of it. But it is caused because I don't have sunglasses (mine are broken) and it is bright so I squint the whole time I am driving.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were driving days. We were able to go to Notre Dame and to Mount Rushmore. Those were pretty cool! One night we were looking for a place called Samurai Sam's for dinner and we were driving around looking for it. After we had been driving for a while, Peggy excitedly screamed, "Fantastic Sam's!" She saw the haircutting place and thought it was Samurai Sam's. We were able to stop and see Chimney Rock and Wee granny's monument thing. We actually found two monuments and Peggy, after we saw the second one, said "She's buried here too?" It was pretty funny. I guess you could say little Pegsters was the comic relief.
We made it home on Saturday and there was much rejoicing. It was a way fun vacation but I am glad to be back in Springville for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to hear your version of events. We were so glad you came. The boys keep talking about your birthday. I guess they had a good time.

    ReplyDelete