Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SSSSoccer and other tales of adventure

Today E.M.S UNITED had our second soccer game and I must say that I did better. Why might you ask? Because I almost had two goals. One was just off and the other one, the goalie got in the way. Go figure. I had a great time again. We had a few injuries though...Jamie strained her vastus medialis, Mike strained his rectus femoris (yeah..I did take anatomy), Joann strained something too, and Thomas took a ball to the throat...but he was okay. It was crazy. I was tired and I wish Jamie would've been 100% that is for sure. I ate a totino's pizza about 20 minutes before game time. OOPS! That was a big mistake. It was way fun to have a cheering section of Aunt Sue, Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson, and Uncle Fred and Aunt Mary. I forgot my camera but next time, there will be many a picture. Look forward to it.

On Monday we had a great family get together as a going away party for Joni and Rocky. Everyone was there except for Jacque,
Dean, and the boys. I sure miss them. But, I definitely had fun. Peggy sure loved little Maddie and Jamie sure loved Jon's Mazda Rx-8. She wants to get one, but I don't think that will happen. I must say that I am lucky cause I get to travel with Joni and Rocky to Ohio..(I almost wrote Idaho)..I bet ya'll are jealous!

On Sunday, Alli Brown and I drove down to Murray to hear my friend Spike speak in church. He is the last of my boys to leave on their missions. It is all bittersweet but mostly sweet. I am going to miss them a ton but they are doing much better things with their lives. Yeah for missionaries!

Alex, Dave, Me, Spike, Nate
AKA my boys
It was actually their idea to do the nose things.

The past weekend was the Carlisle Family reunion. It was a lot of fun. Joni and Rocky kept steamrolling us while we were all in the tent. In the morning, guess what was for breakfast. My mom brought granola. Yeah..I know. You'd think that we would have bacon and eggs or something but no...granola. I mean seriously, man cannot live by granola alone. Luckily Uncle Dave Carlisle was there to make me some bacon, eggs, and pancakes. They were delicious. I enjoyed it immensely. If you want to look at pictures, go to Joni and Rocky's blog. I forgot my camera yet again.

1 comment:

  1. No one invited us to the going away party. What is up with that? It sound like you are having a great time. We can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete