Thursday, December 29, 2011

Feliz Navidad!

Guess where I am? Give up? Not yet? Now do you give up? Oh..you got it! I am at work!! Not very surprising, eh? I decided that it was time to write about my Christmas adventures. They weren't too adventurous....and I am only going to write about one of them.

I have a couple friends who are out in the mission field. I thought it would be really nice to send them each a Christmas package full of random things. I wanted to include a treat and decided that it would be really awesome to send them those chocolate and caramel dipped pretzel rods. I never received those when I was a missionary and they are delish!! I went to our local grocery store and bought all the things I needed to make those wonderful treats. I was actually going to make homemade caramel to dip the pretzels in. I was pretty excited. These were going to be so fantasticle.

I started making the caramel and it took a really long time to reach the right temperature. I don't actually think it ever got to the right temperature before I decided that enough was enough. It turns out that in Utah you have to account for the elevation. I didn't.

I covered them in milk chocolate and drizzled them with white chocolate and they looked so YUMMY!
I mean...look at them:

Unfortunately when the caramel hardened, it hardened. I didn't want to be responsible for any broken teeth in the mission field so I didn't send them. But I did take a picture and I sent that. Sometimes imagining something is better than having the real thing. We ended up putting the pretzels into the blender and made delicious ice cream topping!! Now I have 6 jars of chococarametzel goodness that are going into my food storage. If you ever find yourself wanting for some topping to go on your ice cream, let me know. I might be able to spare a couple spoonfuls.


It was quite nice spending Christmas with my immediate family but I did miss my family in New York. Tengan una Feliz Navidad y Feliz Ano Nuevo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment