Monday, November 28, 2011

With a pain in the neck and a two and a three....

Sunday morning I woke up and what did I do? I don't really know...but it made my neck hurt way bad and it's still hurting (charlie). I never have had a pinched nerve before and I guess that is what happened. I pinched a nerve in my neck. I was totally freaking out. The thought of paralysis kept coming to mind but I could still move everything very well so I knew that diagnosis was out.  I hardly moved for a good hour or so...until my arm starting going numb because it was above my head and then I starting thinking that I had some sort of slow onset paralysis.  Maybe I was overreacting just a little. When it comes to head and neck pain, I AM A WIMP!! Break my thumb...oh no worries...I'll keep playing softball..,,can't close the glove but that doesn't matter, right?...I'll just catch it with my bare hands......(okay...I exaggerated the bare hands part a bit..but you get the idea)......A small sharp pain in my neck and I am down for the count. I now have more empathy for those that get pinched nerves often. They are not fun and I do not wish them on anybody. Thanks family for putting up with me!

P.S. To my older sisters (and maybe even the younger ones): I hope you are singing the same song I am :)

1 comment:

  1. Doo pah, doo pah... Oh, I am singing it!!! I am the one who came up with that one baby!

    ReplyDelete